AARSHA VIDYA FOUNDATION
Svayam tirtva paraan taarayati
Having crossed the ocean of samsaara helping others cross over
Having discovered helping others discover wisdom and fulfillment
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Aarsha Vidya Foundation is a registered non-profit trust in Mumbai, established by Swami Brahmavidananda Saraswati. Its objectives are:
- To teach and share the knowledge of Vedanta, Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads inherited from Rishis and other traditional masters.
- To enable and assist the psychological and spiritual growth of individuals and organizations for holistic growth and integrated development based on the wisdom of Vedanta .
- To promote various disciplines like Yoga, Tai Chi and mind body work for spiritual awakening .
- To address various social issues like empowerment of women, disadvantaged people and environmental issues etc
PAST PROGRAMMES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
A snapshot of the programmes conducted by Swamiji is given below:
1. Five groups of students successfully completed the learning of Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and Brahmasutras. Each group of students ranged from 25-30 students
2. Two groups of students advanced their learning in Vedanta with Swami Brahmavidananda teaching them texts like Tarka Sangraha, Saddarshanam, Vedanta Paribhasa, Naiskarmyasiddhi
3. About fifty intensive spiritual camps each being of 4 days were conducted which unfolded Vedanta and provided guidance for the varied aspects of personal growth.
4. Corporate workshops for more than 100 companies such as Hindalco and Grasim, Tata Infotech, Voltas, Essar Shipping, and Tata Liebert. Multinationals include Siemens, Countrywide GE. In the government sector, he has run programmes for the Indian Navy, Airport Authorities of India, Indian Oil, National Association of direct taxes, insurance companies.
5. Innumerable trips to places of heritage such as Gomukh, Badrinath and Kedarnath.
6. More than 10 workshops conducted on disciplines such as Tai chi and how it enhances the spirit.
Aarsha Vidya foundation currently has two Vedanta teachers, Swami Brahmavidananda and Swamini Brahmaprajnananda. Associate teacher of yoga, Anusha Raman and Tai Chi expert Christopher Fernandes as well as others for corporate workshops and processes are associated with the foundation.
Message from Swami Brahmavidananda about his student who is now a Vedanta teacher – Swamini Brahmaprajnananda
“I am very happy to have another teacher of Vedanta in Aarsha Vidya foundation, another teacher to take the Aarsha Vidya parampara forward- Swamini Brahmaprajnananda. She started as a student with me 14 years ago and in the last three years she did the full time residential course with Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati. A psychologist by training, she worked in the area of social development for 15 years. She has also taught counselling to students at the postgraduate level alongside serving as a judge for children’s offences working for their rehabilitation. She is a person with a lot of empathy, compassion and commitment. Her understanding of Vedanta is excellent. Now that she has returned to Mumbai after the course, I am sure she will make a great teacher. “